Monday, March 8, 2010

ironhead progress..springer chop

so i didn't like the stock length on my springer front end so eli came over to the shop and we went to town on the thing....sorry the pics are in reverse order....but this is how it went down.
marked out cut lines 3 inches up from bottom, used painters tape to keep lines true. cut and drilled rear legs. cut out three inches from front legs. drilled holes in front legs for rosettes.
slugged front legs. welded the bad boy back together..will have finished pics soon...its at the machine shop, i'm having an axle/bushings made up and i don't have a lathe....

No comments: